Book VeloPark cycling sessions to emulate your Olympic heroes from today
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Budding cyclists can book a day emulating their Olympic heroes at the Lee Valley VeloPark from today.
Formerly known as the Olympic Velodrome, it played host to a gluttony of gold-medal winners during London 2012 including Sir Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton CBE.
Now you can book to try out taster sessions across four cycling styles — bmx, mountain bike, road and indoor — at the iconic venue in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, which will officially open on Wednesday, March 12.
Shaun Dawson, chief executive of Lee Valley Regional Park Authority said: “Lee Valley VeloPark will build on the legacy of the Games and will give the public a unique chance to cycle at the same venue as the world’s best athletes.”
Public sessions begin on March 31 and are available for all levels and ages. Some sessions will be available just for women.
You may also want to watch:
Aspiring Paralympians will also be able to try out disability cycling and tandem rides for the visually impaired.
See visitleevalley.org.uk for more information and to book.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London