Boleyn Ward by-election candidates announced
- Credit: Getty Images
The six candidates set to contest next month’s Boleyn Ward by-election have been announced.
The seat became vacant following the death of Cllr Charity Fiberesima in October.
Veronica Oakeshott will seek to ensure the seat remains in Labour hands, while Emmanuel Finndoro-Obasi will attempt to win it for the Conservatives.
Sheree Miller will stand as the Liberal Democrat candidate, Frankie-Rose Taylor for the Green Party and David Mears for Ukip.
Diane Ofori is the only independent candidate to have registered.
You may also want to watch:
The by-election will take place on Thursday, December 3.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory