Body of Newham expat found in French well
- Credit: Google Maps
A former Newham resident living in France has been found dead in a well, according to foreign media reports.
Expat David King had been presumed missing since November 4 last year until police dogs discovered his body at the bottom of a well in Pierres, Normandy, in the north west of France on Wednesday last week following suspicions that he may have been killed.
Mr King is understood to have moved from Newham to live near Caen, Normandy, some 15 years ago.
The body of Mr King, 70, was believed to have spent “several months in the water” before being discovered, state prosecutor Carol Etienne told news outlet France 3.
Mr King’s neighbour, a man aged 28, has since been arrested on suspicion of his murder.
Did you know David King? Contact Sophie Morton to pay tribute to him. Call 020 8477 3834, email email@example.com or leave your details below.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend