Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A takeaway shop in Stratford High Street has been destroyed by fire.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) crews were called to the mid-terraced, single-storey fast food shop at 9.21pm yesterday (May 9) by passers-by who saw smoke coming from the building.
Brigade investigators believe the fire was accidental and involved a deep fat fryer.
LFB says the shop was “destroyed” by the blaze and most of the extraction system from the ground floor to the roof was damaged.
No one was reported to be injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
An LFB spokesperson said: “We’d like to remind restaurant and takeaway owners to make sure that they don’t have dirty ducting.
“If you don’t clean your extraction system regularly, you’re at a greater risk of ducting fires.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
The fire was under control by 10.48pm.
Four fire engines and 25 crew members from the Stratford, Leytonstone, Plaistow and Poplar stations were at the scene.