Blackwall Tunnel reopens but drivers warned to expect delays
The Blackwall Tunnel has reopened but drivers are being warned they still face tailbacks.
Police were called to reports of an accident at the entrance to the tunnel southbound at around 5.15pm this afternoon. A motorcycle rider sustained an injury to the leg, which is not life threatening, and was taken to hospital. Officers are investigating the cause of the accident.
The tunnel has now been reopened southbound from the A13 southbound on slip only.
Transport for London (TfL) said all southbound traffic on the A12 towards Blackwall Tunnel is being diverted via Brunswick Road onto the A13.
It continued: “Southbound A12 traffic tailbacks are reducing with slow moving traffic from Gillender Street. The A13 is also slow moving on approaches to the Blackwall Tunnel with eastbound tailbacks to Burdett Road and westbound tailbacks to Leamouth Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Drivers are advised to seek an alternate route where possible and to expect delays in the area.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation