Blackwall Tunnel reopens but drivers warned to expect delays
The Blackwall Tunnel has reopened but drivers are being warned they still face tailbacks.
Police were called to reports of an accident at the entrance to the tunnel southbound at around 5.15pm this afternoon. A motorcycle rider sustained an injury to the leg, which is not life threatening, and was taken to hospital. Officers are investigating the cause of the accident.
The tunnel has now been reopened southbound from the A13 southbound on slip only.
Transport for London (TfL) said all southbound traffic on the A12 towards Blackwall Tunnel is being diverted via Brunswick Road onto the A13.
It continued: “Southbound A12 traffic tailbacks are reducing with slow moving traffic from Gillender Street. The A13 is also slow moving on approaches to the Blackwall Tunnel with eastbound tailbacks to Burdett Road and westbound tailbacks to Leamouth Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Drivers are advised to seek an alternate route where possible and to expect delays in the area.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford