Bikers donate Easter eggs to Canning Town charity
- Credit: Archant
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Made of chocolate and delivered by a biker?
That’s how a group of charitable motorists brought a donation of sweet treats to Community Links’ Canning Town headquarters on Saturday.
A convoy of around 70 bikers rode into town with more than 250 Easter eggs on board, all of which will be distributed to disadvantaged children in the area.
They also gave £70 to the charity, which will be used to buy even more eggs.
Kevin Jenkins, co-founder and life president of Community Links, said: “It was a great response from the bikers and we’re delighted to be able to give children a treat this Easter.”
You may also want to watch:
The kind-hearted crew are long-term supporters of the charity, taking part in an annual toy run each December as part of the Recorder’s Toy Appeal.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week