Bikers deliver Easter Eggs to Newham’s families and new animals arrive on Newham City Farm
- Credit: Archant
Big-hearted bikers delivered Easter Eggs to families feeling the pinch this Easter while youngsters met the new arrivals on Newham City Farm.
Riders from the British Motorcyclists Federation (BMF), NCT, Virago Star Owners Club (VSOC), and Essex Chapter met up at the Community Links building in Barking Road, Canning Town, all revved up for the task of dropping off chocolate treats for disadvantaged families.
The bikers rode all over east London to the homes of Community Links service users who the charity thought deserved a surprise Easter Egg to put a little extra bit of spring in their step.
Newham City Farm, also run by Community Links, held an Easter Egg hunt for children during its open day on Sunday.
The youngsters also welcomed the new animals that had arrived on the family farm in Stansfeld Road, Beckton.
You may also want to watch:
Click the ‘In Pictures’ link on the right hand side of this story to view a gallery of Easter fun in Newham by photographer Isabel Infantes.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 9 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012