Big Debate: Your verdict on slavery reparations
- Credit: PA WIRE
This week, our readers reveal whether they think Britain should pay reparations for the Atlantic slave trade
Last week’s Big Debate asked: Should Britain pay reparations for its role in the Atlantic slave trade?
The results of our poll are below, with Recorder readers voting overwhelmingly against paying reparations.
Poll: Should Britain pay reparations for its role in the Atlantic slave trade?
Yes: 13 per cent
You may also want to watch:
Click on the link above this article to join this week’s Big Debate on immigration and social cohesion.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 7 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 8 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences