BGT star James splits from New Bounce for solo career
He won the hearts of the nation’s TV viewing public with his cheeky image fronting boy band New Bounce on Britain’s Got Talent earlier this year.
But after a tour and personal appearances, 12-year-old singer James Anderson from East Ham has quit the group in pursuit of a solo career
He is in talks with Atlantic Records, we can reveal.
After returning from New York where he met American rapper and producer Lupe Fiasco, James told us: “The visit went really well. We spent some time in the studio messing around with some tracks and I’ve been invited back later this month to continue our talks and finish off some of the recordings.”
New Bounce were voted into third place in the talent show’s final earlier this summer.
You may also want to watch:
James said: “I loved performing with the band and the great experience of being on TV on Britain’s Got Talent, performing in front of millions of people. But it has always been one of my dreams to become a solo artist.”
He was contacted by Atlantic Records who had seen his You Tube video.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
“I felt it was a huge opportunity that I could not refuse.
“For a major record label to knock on your door, I am told this is extremely rare. I am so excited at the fact that they are very much interested in me and we are having talks.
James starred as a young Michael Jackson in the show Thriller Live for a year.