BGT star James splits from New Bounce for solo career
He won the hearts of the nation’s TV viewing public with his cheeky image fronting boy band New Bounce on Britain’s Got Talent earlier this year.
But after a tour and personal appearances, 12-year-old singer James Anderson from East Ham has quit the group in pursuit of a solo career
He is in talks with Atlantic Records, we can reveal.
After returning from New York where he met American rapper and producer Lupe Fiasco, James told us: “The visit went really well. We spent some time in the studio messing around with some tracks and I’ve been invited back later this month to continue our talks and finish off some of the recordings.”
New Bounce were voted into third place in the talent show’s final earlier this summer.
James said: “I loved performing with the band and the great experience of being on TV on Britain’s Got Talent, performing in front of millions of people. But it has always been one of my dreams to become a solo artist.”
He was contacted by Atlantic Records who had seen his You Tube video.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
“I felt it was a huge opportunity that I could not refuse.
“For a major record label to knock on your door, I am told this is extremely rare. I am so excited at the fact that they are very much interested in me and we are having talks.
James starred as a young Michael Jackson in the show Thriller Live for a year.