Beckton singer Salvo Riggi speaks out after Come Dine With Me flop
Sparks were flying when a Beckton resident appeared on Come Dine With Me.
Salvo Riggi, of Gallions Reach, certainly left an impression with his three female contestants in the East London episode of the popular Channel 4 show.
The 33-year-old said: “It was brilliant but I think the girls were ganging up on me.”
During a tempestuous programme, the Sicilian born aspiring actor and singer confessed to having “lost the plot” when his fiery Sicilian temper got the better of him.
After describing one contestant as looking like an “escort” during the show’s first evening, the Beckton gym instructor plumbed new depths during his night as a dinner host when he threw one particularly critical guest’s dinner in the bin.
“My food was not that bad,” said Salvo, who works as a gym instructor in East India Docks.
“The girls tried to make me really angry.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 3 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 4 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
“I was just being myself.
“You either love me or hate me.”
Unsurprisingly, the Italian stallion’s histrionics failed to charm the ladies and he finished second last in the voting.
You can find out more about Salvo at his website: www.salvosound.com