Beckton singer Salvo Riggi speaks out after Come Dine With Me flop
Sparks were flying when a Beckton resident appeared on Come Dine With Me.
Salvo Riggi, of Gallions Reach, certainly left an impression with his three female contestants in the East London episode of the popular Channel 4 show.
The 33-year-old said: “It was brilliant but I think the girls were ganging up on me.”
During a tempestuous programme, the Sicilian born aspiring actor and singer confessed to having “lost the plot” when his fiery Sicilian temper got the better of him.
After describing one contestant as looking like an “escort” during the show’s first evening, the Beckton gym instructor plumbed new depths during his night as a dinner host when he threw one particularly critical guest’s dinner in the bin.
“My food was not that bad,” said Salvo, who works as a gym instructor in East India Docks.
“The girls tried to make me really angry.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
“I was just being myself.
“You either love me or hate me.”
Unsurprisingly, the Italian stallion’s histrionics failed to charm the ladies and he finished second last in the voting.
You can find out more about Salvo at his website: www.salvosound.com