Beckton singer Salvo Riggi speaks out after Come Dine With Me flop
Sparks were flying when a Beckton resident appeared on Come Dine With Me.
Salvo Riggi, of Gallions Reach, certainly left an impression with his three female contestants in the East London episode of the popular Channel 4 show.
The 33-year-old said: “It was brilliant but I think the girls were ganging up on me.”
During a tempestuous programme, the Sicilian born aspiring actor and singer confessed to having “lost the plot” when his fiery Sicilian temper got the better of him.
After describing one contestant as looking like an “escort” during the show’s first evening, the Beckton gym instructor plumbed new depths during his night as a dinner host when he threw one particularly critical guest’s dinner in the bin.
You may also want to watch:
“My food was not that bad,” said Salvo, who works as a gym instructor in East India Docks.
“The girls tried to make me really angry.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
“I was just being myself.
“You either love me or hate me.”
Unsurprisingly, the Italian stallion’s histrionics failed to charm the ladies and he finished second last in the voting.
You can find out more about Salvo at his website: www.salvosound.com