Beckton’s Richard House Children’s Hospice ‘highly commended’ in awards
A hospice that provides vital services for children and their families has been “highly commended” for its multimedia work.
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton, took second place in the creative media category at the Together For Short Lives Fundraising and Communications Forum Awards, in Birmingham.
Together For Short Lives is the umbrella organisation for children’s hospices across the UK.
The hospice received the accolade for its online TV channel; a source of videos and news bulletins updated on a daily basis at www.richardhouse.org.uk/news
All its videos are also then uploaded to the charity’s facebook page, www.facebook.com/richardhousech
You may also want to watch:
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, said: “Raising awareness of Richard House is an integral part of the job we do in the communications team.
“The idea of Richard House News is to show our supporters everything we do at the hospice in a fun and inventive way. Everyone clicks on websites now looking for video and multimedia and they are never disappointed when they come to our site.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
“We are incredibly proud to have been highly commended at these awards because it shows just what strides we’ve made since we started our video work in earnest just over a year ago.
“We now want to go one better and win outright in 2013.”
The hospice’s communications team uploads news bulletins bi-weekly alongside various other event movies and reviews.
Many of these are also uploaded to the Richard House TV channel on the Newham Recorder website, www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/home/richard-house-tv