Beckton’s Richard House Children’s Hospice ‘highly commended’ in awards
A hospice that provides vital services for children and their families has been “highly commended” for its multimedia work.
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton, took second place in the creative media category at the Together For Short Lives Fundraising and Communications Forum Awards, in Birmingham.
Together For Short Lives is the umbrella organisation for children’s hospices across the UK.
The hospice received the accolade for its online TV channel; a source of videos and news bulletins updated on a daily basis at www.richardhouse.org.uk/news
All its videos are also then uploaded to the charity’s facebook page, www.facebook.com/richardhousech
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, said: “Raising awareness of Richard House is an integral part of the job we do in the communications team.
“The idea of Richard House News is to show our supporters everything we do at the hospice in a fun and inventive way. Everyone clicks on websites now looking for video and multimedia and they are never disappointed when they come to our site.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 2 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
“We are incredibly proud to have been highly commended at these awards because it shows just what strides we’ve made since we started our video work in earnest just over a year ago.
“We now want to go one better and win outright in 2013.”
The hospice’s communications team uploads news bulletins bi-weekly alongside various other event movies and reviews.
Many of these are also uploaded to the Richard House TV channel on the Newham Recorder website, www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/home/richard-house-tv