Beckton’s Richard House Children’s Hospice ‘highly commended’ in awards
A hospice that provides vital services for children and their families has been “highly commended” for its multimedia work.
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton, took second place in the creative media category at the Together For Short Lives Fundraising and Communications Forum Awards, in Birmingham.
Together For Short Lives is the umbrella organisation for children’s hospices across the UK.
The hospice received the accolade for its online TV channel; a source of videos and news bulletins updated on a daily basis at www.richardhouse.org.uk/news
All its videos are also then uploaded to the charity’s facebook page, www.facebook.com/richardhousech
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, said: “Raising awareness of Richard House is an integral part of the job we do in the communications team.
“The idea of Richard House News is to show our supporters everything we do at the hospice in a fun and inventive way. Everyone clicks on websites now looking for video and multimedia and they are never disappointed when they come to our site.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 NewVIc’s SU President reflects on first year at college: 'It's amazing for those who want to be here!'
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
“We are incredibly proud to have been highly commended at these awards because it shows just what strides we’ve made since we started our video work in earnest just over a year ago.
“We now want to go one better and win outright in 2013.”
The hospice’s communications team uploads news bulletins bi-weekly alongside various other event movies and reviews.
Many of these are also uploaded to the Richard House TV channel on the Newham Recorder website, www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/home/richard-house-tv