Beckton’s Harry the Head rocks
A giant mascot from a children’s hospice learnt about rock and roll after dining at the iconic Hard Rock Cafe.
The mascot, called Harry the Head, is fronting Richard House Children’s Hospice’s Rainbow of Nations series. Its aim to raise awareness of the hospice across the various communities it serves as well as celebrating the diverse nature of the capital.
Each week Richard House is focussing on a different continent and recently it was the turn of North America. Harry the Head, was treated to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe before heading down to the Vault where he learnt about America’s rock and roll history.
Lucy Wedderburn, Operations Manager at the Hard Rock Cafe, said: “It was totally awesome to see Harry the Head down here having lunch and enjoying our delicious American fare.
“Afterwards Harry checked out our museum, where he rocked out on Gene Simmons guitar before chilling on Jimi Hendrix’s bench.”
You may also want to watch:
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, said: “Richard House Children’s Hospice already deals with a wide range of cultures and we are very keen to reach out to London’s diverse communities.
“Hopefully our Rainbow of Nations season will help, particularly at a time when the capital will be experiencing an influx of visitors from all across the globe.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
The season is part of the hospice’s Harry’s Million campaign, which aims to raise �1m to help pay for nurses and play and care workers.