Beckton’s Harry the Head rocks
A giant mascot from a children’s hospice learnt about rock and roll after dining at the iconic Hard Rock Cafe.
The mascot, called Harry the Head, is fronting Richard House Children’s Hospice’s Rainbow of Nations series. Its aim to raise awareness of the hospice across the various communities it serves as well as celebrating the diverse nature of the capital.
Each week Richard House is focussing on a different continent and recently it was the turn of North America. Harry the Head, was treated to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe before heading down to the Vault where he learnt about America’s rock and roll history.
Lucy Wedderburn, Operations Manager at the Hard Rock Cafe, said: “It was totally awesome to see Harry the Head down here having lunch and enjoying our delicious American fare.
“Afterwards Harry checked out our museum, where he rocked out on Gene Simmons guitar before chilling on Jimi Hendrix’s bench.”
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, said: “Richard House Children’s Hospice already deals with a wide range of cultures and we are very keen to reach out to London’s diverse communities.
“Hopefully our Rainbow of Nations season will help, particularly at a time when the capital will be experiencing an influx of visitors from all across the globe.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
The season is part of the hospice’s Harry’s Million campaign, which aims to raise �1m to help pay for nurses and play and care workers.