Beckton’s City Farm has new litters
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s City Farm has brand new editions as both Poppys gave birth last week.
A calf was born last Friday followed by a litter of nine healthy piglets, from mothers bearing the same name, Poppy.
Theresa Salmon, from the farm, said: “It was a happy coincidence they both gave birth that week.
“It is a bit of a novelty in the farm community.”
The Beckton farm, run by charity Community Links, will only hold onto the litters until weaning is complete at 10-weeks-old when they will then be sold onto other farms.
You may also want to watch:
“It is educational for the children and it’s a very popular attraction,” she added.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley