Beckton’s children’s hospice launches pub challenge
Pub landlords are being urged to stack up their 10 pence pieces and help a children’s hospice raise cash.
The 2012 Ten Pence Piece Pub Challenge is a competition being run by Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton.
It will pit pub against pub in the race to get customers stacking their spare 10ps. The coins can be stuck together easily with one of the nations favourite summer thirst quenchers – lemonade!
The 10p stacks will mount up over the months with the overall winner being the pub with the most coins by New Year’s Eve. The money will be donated to Richard House with additional funds also collected via a separate “guessing” competition. This gives pub goers the chance to estimate the number of coins in the stack after donating �1 to the cause.
The target is for each pub to raise �2,012 to mark Great Britain’s Olympic year.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Bosley, Richard House community fundraiser and organiser of the competition, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for local pubs to engage with the work of their communities’ children’s hospice, as well as providing an eye-catching talking point for customers.
“Richard House relies on the generosity and support of local businesses to continue their vital work.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
Any pub that raises the magical �2,012 target will be funding the cost of a respite and palliative care nurse at the hospice for one month – the perfect start to January. The challenge is on for 12 pubs to participate and pay for a nurse’s salary for a whole year.