Beckton Park runners celebrate first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Fitness fanatics who meeting up every week for a friendly run have celebrated their first anniversary.
The Beckton Park Run, a free club that meets up on Stansfeld Road, has been tackling a non-competitive 5K challenge for one year.
To mark the milestone on Saturday June 1, volunteers Andre Ellis and Cheryl St Jean-Ellis brought balloons along and arranged for other members to bring food and drinks for an end of run party.
Regulars Bisi Imifidon and Richard Pinto went all out in fancy dress in an Angel and Mr Potato Head costume respectively.
Fellow runner Coral Nourrice bought t-shirts and medals for the Beckton Park runners thanks to funding from Newham Council’s Get the Party Started grant scheme, and Run! Athletics Activator for activeNewham.
You may also want to watch:
Newham Athletics Network partner Access Sport even donated 2012 Adidas merchandise for the occasion.
If you would like to join the runners, register at www.parkrun.org.uk/beckton and go down to Beckton Park South, Stansfeld Road, on Saturday mornings at 9am, and speak to Cheryl and Andre on the day about volunteering opportunities.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 10 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City