Beckton Park runners celebrate first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Fitness fanatics who meeting up every week for a friendly run have celebrated their first anniversary.
The Beckton Park Run, a free club that meets up on Stansfeld Road, has been tackling a non-competitive 5K challenge for one year.
To mark the milestone on Saturday June 1, volunteers Andre Ellis and Cheryl St Jean-Ellis brought balloons along and arranged for other members to bring food and drinks for an end of run party.
Regulars Bisi Imifidon and Richard Pinto went all out in fancy dress in an Angel and Mr Potato Head costume respectively.
Fellow runner Coral Nourrice bought t-shirts and medals for the Beckton Park runners thanks to funding from Newham Council’s Get the Party Started grant scheme, and Run! Athletics Activator for activeNewham.
You may also want to watch:
Newham Athletics Network partner Access Sport even donated 2012 Adidas merchandise for the occasion.
If you would like to join the runners, register at www.parkrun.org.uk/beckton and go down to Beckton Park South, Stansfeld Road, on Saturday mornings at 9am, and speak to Cheryl and Andre on the day about volunteering opportunities.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley