Beckton music festival showcases local talent
- Credit: Archant
Beckton shoppers were treated to a weekend of entertainment during a recent musical festival.
The GallionsMusicFest brought together local music talent at the Gallions Reach Shopping Park last Saturday.
The event showcased a number of performers throughout the day including 27 year old Bstar, who took to the stage to perform a number of songs she had written herself.
Local student, Tri Nguyen, of Newham College, also graced the stage and performed the hit cover “Hey Soul Sister” by Train.
A spokeswoman for Gallions Reach said: “Music is a passion and a hobby for Tri and she welcomed the opportunity to showcase her talent to the shoppers at Gallions Reach.
“Other artists Joe Boshell and JJ Star also wowed the crowds with their excellent vocals and acoustic sounds.”
Shoppers also had the chance to sample free food and win hundreds of pounds worth of prizes.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
Younger visitors were treated to free face painting and street walking entertainment.