Beckton music festival showcases local talent
- Credit: Archant
Beckton shoppers were treated to a weekend of entertainment during a recent musical festival.
The GallionsMusicFest brought together local music talent at the Gallions Reach Shopping Park last Saturday.
The event showcased a number of performers throughout the day including 27 year old Bstar, who took to the stage to perform a number of songs she had written herself.
Local student, Tri Nguyen, of Newham College, also graced the stage and performed the hit cover “Hey Soul Sister” by Train.
A spokeswoman for Gallions Reach said: “Music is a passion and a hobby for Tri and she welcomed the opportunity to showcase her talent to the shoppers at Gallions Reach.
“Other artists Joe Boshell and JJ Star also wowed the crowds with their excellent vocals and acoustic sounds.”
Shoppers also had the chance to sample free food and win hundreds of pounds worth of prizes.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 7 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 8 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
Younger visitors were treated to free face painting and street walking entertainment.