Beckton hospice young say thanks with fun evening
Young adults from Richard House Children’s Hospice pulled out all the stops to put on a fun-filled evening for corporate supporters of the charity.
The young people from the Beckton hospice volunteered their services for the recent event as a thank you for all the support it has received from companies over the past 12 months.
The Young Adults group at Richard House is made up of 14 to 25-year-old service users who the hospice is assisting with day-to-day needs and transition to adult hospice care.
Among the fun activities on offer on the evening were family games and a cinematic experience.
This was the first time the young adults have ever hosted an event at Richard House.
Richard House needs to raise about �1.8m a year from its supporters to keep running. It cares for almost 300 families supporting children and young people with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare needs. These families come from across London and the south east.
Sarah Burden, corporate partnerships executive, said: “The evening was a fantastic opportunity for some of our young people to engage with supporters, and we hope to hold a similar event next year.
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 7 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 8 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
“We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who was involved in making the evening a success. We have already received excellent feedback about this event, even from guests who went home with a wooden spoon from their competitions.”
The food for the evening was provided by the Hilton Hotel, with staff from Hard Rock Cafe and the Hilton Hotel supporting the evening.