Beckton hospice young say thanks with fun evening
Young adults from Richard House Children’s Hospice pulled out all the stops to put on a fun-filled evening for corporate supporters of the charity.
The young people from the Beckton hospice volunteered their services for the recent event as a thank you for all the support it has received from companies over the past 12 months.
The Young Adults group at Richard House is made up of 14 to 25-year-old service users who the hospice is assisting with day-to-day needs and transition to adult hospice care.
Among the fun activities on offer on the evening were family games and a cinematic experience.
This was the first time the young adults have ever hosted an event at Richard House.
You may also want to watch:
Richard House needs to raise about �1.8m a year from its supporters to keep running. It cares for almost 300 families supporting children and young people with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare needs. These families come from across London and the south east.
Sarah Burden, corporate partnerships executive, said: “The evening was a fantastic opportunity for some of our young people to engage with supporters, and we hope to hold a similar event next year.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
“We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who was involved in making the evening a success. We have already received excellent feedback about this event, even from guests who went home with a wooden spoon from their competitions.”
The food for the evening was provided by the Hilton Hotel, with staff from Hard Rock Cafe and the Hilton Hotel supporting the evening.