Beckton hospice to hold first Midsummer Masked Ball
Here’s a chance to get some glitz and glamour into your summer and help a worthy cause.
Richard House Children’s Hospice will be holding its first ever Midsummer Masked Ball, at the Hilton London, in Canary Wharf. It has been organised by the community fundraising team at London’s oldest children’s hospice in partnership with the hotel.
The glitzy evening will open with a champagne reception followed by a three-course meal and an evening of live entertainment. Tickets for the event, on June 14, are running out quickly so interested parties are being urged to get in touch soon.
Half of the money raised from the event, hosted by the Hilton, will go to Richard House, in Beckton which cares for children with life-limiting, life-threatening or complex healthcare needs. The rest will be distributed by the Hilton Foundation as grants.
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager for Richard House, said: “This is a perfect way to celebrate midsummer. It should be a wonderful night out. Everyone get their friends, grab a mask and have a ball.
You may also want to watch:
“We still have a few tables left so if you want to get involved get in touch as soon as possible.”
The Hilton hotel is providing everything for the night, from the food to the auction items. All income received by Richard House will go to funding care and services it provides to children and families from across London.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
Tickets cost just �50 a person or �500 for a table of 10. There is also a special rate of �200 for couples who want to stay the night and enjoy a delicious breakfast after they have enjoyed the ball.
Prizes will be awarded for the best mask.
For more information or tickets, contact Viv Talbot on (020) 7540 0213 or by email at VivT@richardhouse.org.uk.