Beckton hospice needs runners for half marathon
A children’s hospice is appealing for runners to sign up to a half marathon and help it raise vital funds.
Richard House Children’s Hospice has places available in Run To The Beat, which takes place around Greenwich and the O2 Arena on Sunday 28 October. Set entirely to music, it has, over the years, proved to be a novel way of motivating people to go that extra mile.
Entry for Richard House runners is just �25. All the hospice asks for is a commitment to raise at least �300.
Manjeet Boparai, events manager at Richard House, said: “Over the years, Run To The Beat has been one of our most successful running events and also one of the most enjoyable for our participants.
“It’s also very accessible because it covers a relatively flat course.
“The work our care staff do to help children and young people with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions is simply inspiring. The more money we can raise from events like this, the more families we can actively support.”
“As well as our own runners, we are also looking for athletes who already have a place in Run To The Beat to nominate Richard House as their charity and raise funds for us.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
“Every penny will go towards helping the families in our care.”
Richard House supports almost 300 families caring for children with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare conditions.