Beckton hospice needs runners for half marathon
A children’s hospice is appealing for runners to sign up to a half marathon and help it raise vital funds.
Richard House Children’s Hospice has places available in Run To The Beat, which takes place around Greenwich and the O2 Arena on Sunday 28 October. Set entirely to music, it has, over the years, proved to be a novel way of motivating people to go that extra mile.
Entry for Richard House runners is just �25. All the hospice asks for is a commitment to raise at least �300.
Manjeet Boparai, events manager at Richard House, said: “Over the years, Run To The Beat has been one of our most successful running events and also one of the most enjoyable for our participants.
“It’s also very accessible because it covers a relatively flat course.
“The work our care staff do to help children and young people with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions is simply inspiring. The more money we can raise from events like this, the more families we can actively support.”
“As well as our own runners, we are also looking for athletes who already have a place in Run To The Beat to nominate Richard House as their charity and raise funds for us.
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 3 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 9 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 10 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
“Every penny will go towards helping the families in our care.”
Richard House supports almost 300 families caring for children with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare conditions.