Beckton hospice needs budding dancers to help raise cash
A dance off competition could be just the inspiration you need to learn a few steps and its all for a good cause
fff Last year 25 couples took part in Take To The Floor for Richard House Chidlren’s Hospice and raised more than �25,000,
Now, it is set to return and promises to be bigger and better than ever. Organisers at Richard House are hoping to raise �50,000 for London’s oldest children’s hospice, based in Beckton.
Due to popular demand, this year’s event will run for two nights offering more than a 100 people the chance to take to the stage.
Show nights will be at the Royal Britannia Hotel, in Canary Wharf, on November 28 and December 13.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Ben Alonso, community and events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “Everyone who performed in and watched last year’s event was adamant we should bring it back and that’s exactly what we’ve done.
“But this time we’re offering even more people the chance to take part with two options of performance night.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
Take To The Floor with Richard House is open to all amateur dancers, including beginners.
Everyone who signs up will be given six weeks of lessons prior to their performance night. On the evening, each couple will perform two dances, one Latin and one Ballroom.
Last year’s winner Stewart Birnie said: “It was an honour to take part in and win last year’s dancing competition.
“I had a great time learning the dances and it was such a buzz to walk out on stage in front of everyone. I’d recommend anyone to do it, regardless of how much they’ve danced in the past.”
Registration for Take To The Floor is �50 each with a minimum sponsorship of �300 required. Each dancer will also be asked to sell six �10 tickets each for their performance night.
For more information on Richard House, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk/events or call Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230