Beckton hospice in collaboration to help families with sick children
Families in east London with children who have life-limiting or life threatening conditions will benefit from a new partnership between a hospice and a national support organisation.
From the end of May, Family Lives will collaborate with Richard House Children’s Hospice to provide much needed support for families caring for children with life-limiting, life-threatening or complex healthcare conditions. Family Lives will be providing a “listening ear” for families through a dedicated helpline and online services.
The partnership will provide a dedicated number (0808 800 3330) to call for advice and support, email support at Richardhouse@familylives.org.uk, live Online Chat via http://familylives.org.uk/content/live-chat and information and signposting to other support organisations.
Peter Ellis, Richard House Chief Executive, said: “This is a wonderful new development. Richard House is keen to evolve into a one-stop shop for children’s palliative services and this new relationship with Family Lives will help.
“We have worked closely with our families to look at the problems that affect them and that has helped us provide the expertise to Family Lives. This new relationship will help provide an extra level of support.”
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Todd, Family Lives Chief Executive, said: “We know that there tend to be on average five family members who are directly involved in the care for such a child, we want to be there for them. Together we want to ensure that families receive round the clock support so they aren’t alone in their hour of need. Working with Richard House will enable both organisations to respond empathetically and effectively to the difficult challenges families of sick children experience.”
Families can call the free Family Lives Richard House helpline number on 0808 800 3330, or email Richardhouse@familylives.org.uk for a personalised reply within three days.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show