Beckton hospice Harry’s ICEBAR visit
A giant mascot from a children’s hospice chilled out in London’s ICEBAR before having a lesson on Antarctic penguins as part of an awareness campaign.
Each week the Rainbow of Nations season has seen Richard House focus on a different continent. The season is celebrating the diverse nature of the Capital, as well as helping to raise awareness of the hospice across the various communities it serves.
Recently it was the turn of Antarctica, the final continent in the Rainbow of Nations season. The mascot, called Harry the Head, began his journey by plunging out of London’s summer heat straight into London’s ICEBAR.
After his sensory ice experience, Harry the Head visited Richard House’s very own penguins. The penguins form part of Richard House’s festive penguin dash which will see 300 people dashing around Spitalfields dressed as penguins on December 6. The penguins were more than happy to teach Harry the Head about the environment and culture in Antarctica.
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, said: “Richard House Children’s Hospice already deals with a wide range of cultures and we are very keen to reach out to London’s diverse communities.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully our Rainbow of Nations season will help, particularly at a time when the capital will be experiencing an influx of visitors from all across the globe.”
The season is part of the hospice’s Harry’s Million campaign, which aims to raise �1m to help pay for nurses and play and care workers. It was inspired by former Richard House young adult Harry Singh.
- 1 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 2 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 3 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 4 West Ham boss Moyes praises terrific play and character shown in Burnley win
- 5 School recognised for ability to challenge brightest pupils
- 6 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
- 7 Roof terrace fire at hotel in Stratford
- 8 Victim of Custom House attack was stabbed and shot to death
- 9 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 10 DJ Chef: 'Forest Gate birthed the global phenomenon of drum and bass'