Beckton hospice appeals for runners
A children’s hopsice is appealing for runners to put their best foot forward and take part in a 13-mile race to raise funds.
Richard House, based in Beckton, is urging budding athletes to sign up for Run to the Beat on October 28 this year.
The Nike sponsored half-marathon will start at the O2 arena, taking fundraisers around the Docklands before returning to the landmark.
Music will be played throughout the course to keep people motivated and in high spirits, making for a great day out for runners and spectators alike.
This year Richard House has 12 places for Run to the Beat, but there are just three left.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who is interested in taking part can call community fundraiser Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230.
Ben said: “If like me, your heart skips a beat every time you run through Greenwich, sign up to this half marathon in aid of Richard House.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The registration fee for Run to the Beat is �25 and the minimum sponsorship is �300.