Beckton hospice appeals for runners
A children’s hopsice is appealing for runners to put their best foot forward and take part in a 13-mile race to raise funds.
Richard House, based in Beckton, is urging budding athletes to sign up for Run to the Beat on October 28 this year.
The Nike sponsored half-marathon will start at the O2 arena, taking fundraisers around the Docklands before returning to the landmark.
Music will be played throughout the course to keep people motivated and in high spirits, making for a great day out for runners and spectators alike.
This year Richard House has 12 places for Run to the Beat, but there are just three left.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who is interested in taking part can call community fundraiser Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230.
Ben said: “If like me, your heart skips a beat every time you run through Greenwich, sign up to this half marathon in aid of Richard House.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 10 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
The registration fee for Run to the Beat is �25 and the minimum sponsorship is �300.