Beckton hospice appeals for runners
A children’s hopsice is appealing for runners to put their best foot forward and take part in a 13-mile race to raise funds.
Richard House, based in Beckton, is urging budding athletes to sign up for Run to the Beat on October 28 this year.
The Nike sponsored half-marathon will start at the O2 arena, taking fundraisers around the Docklands before returning to the landmark.
Music will be played throughout the course to keep people motivated and in high spirits, making for a great day out for runners and spectators alike.
This year Richard House has 12 places for Run to the Beat, but there are just three left.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who is interested in taking part can call community fundraiser Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230.
Ben said: “If like me, your heart skips a beat every time you run through Greenwich, sign up to this half marathon in aid of Richard House.”
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
The registration fee for Run to the Beat is �25 and the minimum sponsorship is �300.