Beckton hospice appeals for runners
A children’s hopsice is appealing for runners to put their best foot forward and take part in a 13-mile race to raise funds.
Richard House, based in Beckton, is urging budding athletes to sign up for Run to the Beat on October 28 this year.
The Nike sponsored half-marathon will start at the O2 arena, taking fundraisers around the Docklands before returning to the landmark.
Music will be played throughout the course to keep people motivated and in high spirits, making for a great day out for runners and spectators alike.
This year Richard House has 12 places for Run to the Beat, but there are just three left.
Anyone who is interested in taking part can call community fundraiser Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230.
Ben said: “If like me, your heart skips a beat every time you run through Greenwich, sign up to this half marathon in aid of Richard House.”
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
The registration fee for Run to the Beat is �25 and the minimum sponsorship is �300.