Beckton hospice appeals for runners
A children’s hopsice is appealing for runners to put their best foot forward and take part in a 13-mile race to raise funds.
Richard House, based in Beckton, is urging budding athletes to sign up for Run to the Beat on October 28 this year.
The Nike sponsored half-marathon will start at the O2 arena, taking fundraisers around the Docklands before returning to the landmark.
Music will be played throughout the course to keep people motivated and in high spirits, making for a great day out for runners and spectators alike.
This year Richard House has 12 places for Run to the Beat, but there are just three left.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who is interested in taking part can call community fundraiser Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230.
Ben said: “If like me, your heart skips a beat every time you run through Greenwich, sign up to this half marathon in aid of Richard House.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
The registration fee for Run to the Beat is �25 and the minimum sponsorship is �300.