Beckton hospice appeals for action lovers
Hospice calls for adrenalin junkies
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton is on the hunt for East London’s most daring individuals to help raise money for children with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions.
They want people who are willing to get muddy and messy to sign up for Hell Runner, on November 10, at Longmore Camp near Aldershot.
The 10 to 12 mile route is described as trial running at its toughest and most enjoyable, with participants navigating twisting trails including the ‘Hills of Hell’ and the ‘Bog of Doom’.
Places are available on a first-come first-served basis. Registration costs �25, and the minimum sponsorship is �100.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Bosley, 23, a fundraiser for Richard House, has taken part in the run for the charity before. She enjoyed it so much she has signed up to do it all again this year.
She said: “The Hell Runner is 10-12 miles of laughter whilst trying to complete a course of challenging off-road running, including running up sandy dunes and through muddy bogs.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
“I was really nervous at first because I expected my fellow ‘hell runners’ to be incredibly fit and already keen runners, but the people there were just like me. There to take part in a real challenge, to raise money for their charity and most importantly to have fun.”
If you’re interested, call community and events fundraiser Ben Alonso on 0207 540 0230 or go to www.richardhouse.org.uk/events.