Beckton flower show needs you
Organisers of a gardening competition are hoping to stir us all out of our armchairs after the Olympics and get our green fingers going.
They need entries for this year’s East London Flower Show which takes place on September 15 and 16 at Newham City Farm in Stansfeld Road, Beckton.
Billed as the first flower show for Londoners in London, it is being organised by The East London Garden Society with categories for community garden display, individual foraging display as well as largest vegetables, fresh and dry flower arranging and children’s classes which incorporate biscuit tin gardens and wildflower necklaces.
The award ceremony for the Best Garden in East London will take place on September 15 with presentations due to be made by East Ham MP Stephen Timms.
Exhibitors have to set up on the morning of September 15 after which �10 tickets will be sold on the day. Children under 10 will be admitted free with adults who have paid the full price. For tickets, go to www.unit1production.com/events or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The East London Garden Society is a group of a gardeners and like minded people who enjoy gardening in all its aspects. It was launched in September 2011 and has 1,300 Facebook friends.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley