Beckton flower show needs you
Organisers of a gardening competition are hoping to stir us all out of our armchairs after the Olympics and get our green fingers going.
They need entries for this year’s East London Flower Show which takes place on September 15 and 16 at Newham City Farm in Stansfeld Road, Beckton.
Billed as the first flower show for Londoners in London, it is being organised by The East London Garden Society with categories for community garden display, individual foraging display as well as largest vegetables, fresh and dry flower arranging and children’s classes which incorporate biscuit tin gardens and wildflower necklaces.
The award ceremony for the Best Garden in East London will take place on September 15 with presentations due to be made by East Ham MP Stephen Timms.
Exhibitors have to set up on the morning of September 15 after which �10 tickets will be sold on the day. Children under 10 will be admitted free with adults who have paid the full price. For tickets, go to www.unit1production.com/events or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The East London Garden Society is a group of a gardeners and like minded people who enjoy gardening in all its aspects. It was launched in September 2011 and has 1,300 Facebook friends.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season