Beckton dad’s disgust at finding plastic in KFC chicken
- Credit: Archant
A dad has spoken of his disgust after finding a piece of plastic in his fried chicken while enjoying a family lunch in Beckton.
But when Syed Hussain initially complained, he wasn’t offered a refund - only more chicken.
The 26-year-old was sharing a variety bucket meal at the KFC branch in Gateway Retail Park with his wife and 11-month-old son when he spotted the piece of red plastic earlier this month.
It was only after he repeatedly insisted that he should be given his money back that staff finally agreed.
“I’m completely and a hundred per cent put off KFC now, it was horrible,” Syed, who lives in Gants Hill, said. “I won’t be going back there now.”
A spokesman for KFC said: “We’re very sorry for Mr Hussain’s experience and he received an apology and full refund at the time of the incident, which was accepted.”
He added that the restaurant had received a five stars in its most recent Environmental Health inspection.
- 1 West Ham United boss Moyes waiting on rebuild
- 2 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 5 London among areas where drought is declared
- 6 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 7 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
In August, the Recorder reported on a similar incident, where 26-year-old Hardip Singh found a dead fly in his Kentucky-fried chicken at his local KFC branch in East Ham.