Beckton dad’s disgust at finding plastic in KFC chicken
- Credit: Archant
A dad has spoken of his disgust after finding a piece of plastic in his fried chicken while enjoying a family lunch in Beckton.
But when Syed Hussain initially complained, he wasn’t offered a refund - only more chicken.
The 26-year-old was sharing a variety bucket meal at the KFC branch in Gateway Retail Park with his wife and 11-month-old son when he spotted the piece of red plastic earlier this month.
It was only after he repeatedly insisted that he should be given his money back that staff finally agreed.
“I’m completely and a hundred per cent put off KFC now, it was horrible,” Syed, who lives in Gants Hill, said. “I won’t be going back there now.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for KFC said: “We’re very sorry for Mr Hussain’s experience and he received an apology and full refund at the time of the incident, which was accepted.”
He added that the restaurant had received a five stars in its most recent Environmental Health inspection.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
In August, the Recorder reported on a similar incident, where 26-year-old Hardip Singh found a dead fly in his Kentucky-fried chicken at his local KFC branch in East Ham.