Beckton crash puts girl, 7, and pensioner in hospital
A seven-year-old girl and an elderly lady were taken to hospital with head injuries after they were involved in an accident with a car in Beckton.
The accident happened shortly after 4.25pm in Woolwich Manor Way, Beckton, at the junction with Alpine Way.
Emergency crews at the scene found the pedestrians had been involved in the accident with a Ford Galaxy Car.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the girl had received serious head injuries, a broken leg and broken pelvis in the accident. He said the elderly woman has a serious head injury.
They were taken by ambulance to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, aged in his 40s, was arrested at the scene and taken to a north London police station.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 9 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total