Beckton crash puts girl, 7, and pensioner in hospital
A seven-year-old girl and an elderly lady were taken to hospital with head injuries after they were involved in an accident with a car in Beckton.
The accident happened shortly after 4.25pm in Woolwich Manor Way, Beckton, at the junction with Alpine Way.
Emergency crews at the scene found the pedestrians had been involved in the accident with a Ford Galaxy Car.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the girl had received serious head injuries, a broken leg and broken pelvis in the accident. He said the elderly woman has a serious head injury.
They were taken by ambulance to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, aged in his 40s, was arrested at the scene and taken to a north London police station.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines