Beckton children’s hospice wins £500k Government health grant
- Credit: Archant
A children’s hospice received a Government grant of over £500,000 yesterday to improve the support they provide to local families.
Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Richard House Drive, Beckton, helps to bring a smile to the faces of little ones with life-limiting conditions.
The Department of Health announced yesterday that the charity had been selected to share a total of £4.9m to improve care environments and settings.
Richard House was given £510,000 which they will spend creating new spaces for families and extending their home care services.
Announcing the successful projects, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said: “Hospices help patients and their families at what can be the most difficult part of their life.
You may also want to watch:
“This extra funding will help bring hospices up to date, so staff and volunteers can work in modern environments, helping them continue to provide wonderful support with compassion and kindness.
“And patients will see a huge difference in their surroundings that play a considerable part in helping them psychologically and physically.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
Richard House was one of 14 hospices chosen to receive a grant in London along with Haven House Children’s Hospice in Woodford Green, and St Joseph’s Hospice in Hackney.