Beckton children’s hospice needs dancers
Youngsters across the area have the chance to take part in a dance extravaganza and help a good cause.
Up to 30 groups of performers are needed for the Got2Dance charity event being organised by Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton.
The dancers from performing arts groups and dance classes are being asked to compete on behalf of their schools in the final spectacular on June 26 at the Hilton London Hotel, in Canary Wharf.
It is open to school children from years seven, eight and nine.
The event has been organised by Richard House community fundraiser Hannah Bosley. It comes hot on the heels of Strictly Come Dancing with Richard House event that showcased the capital’s dancing talents.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah said: “‘Strictly’ was such a huge success that we knew we just had to open it up to our schools as well.
“We want 10 schools to put forward dancers for an internal competition on their own premises in May. The top three dancers from those competitions will then join us at an exclusive London venue in June for the final.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
“Competitors can dance in any style they wish, either alone, in pairs or in a small group. It is a fantastic way of utilising performing arts classes while also raising money for a great cause.”
Entry for the competition is just �10 per act and children can dance alone, in pairs or in groups.
Sign up for Got2Dance by contacting Hannah Bosley on email@example.com or by calling (020) 7540 0228.