Beckton children’s hospice needs dancers
Youngsters across the area have the chance to take part in a dance extravaganza and help a good cause.
Up to 30 groups of performers are needed for the Got2Dance charity event being organised by Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton.
The dancers from performing arts groups and dance classes are being asked to compete on behalf of their schools in the final spectacular on June 26 at the Hilton London Hotel, in Canary Wharf.
It is open to school children from years seven, eight and nine.
The event has been organised by Richard House community fundraiser Hannah Bosley. It comes hot on the heels of Strictly Come Dancing with Richard House event that showcased the capital’s dancing talents.
Hannah said: “‘Strictly’ was such a huge success that we knew we just had to open it up to our schools as well.
“We want 10 schools to put forward dancers for an internal competition on their own premises in May. The top three dancers from those competitions will then join us at an exclusive London venue in June for the final.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
“Competitors can dance in any style they wish, either alone, in pairs or in a small group. It is a fantastic way of utilising performing arts classes while also raising money for a great cause.”
Entry for the competition is just �10 per act and children can dance alone, in pairs or in groups.
Sign up for Got2Dance by contacting Hannah Bosley on email@example.com or by calling (020) 7540 0228.