Beckton bus collision traps pedestrian
- Credit: Youtube/JayH
An investigation has been launched into how a man was trapped against a wall after a bus crashed into a car.
Video footage of the accident shows a 376 bus hit a static Vauxhall Astra, which pins the passing pedestrian against a metal railing.
Emergency services, including four ambulances, were called to the scene in Covelees Walk, Beckton shortly before 1pm on Saturday.
The 52-year-old suffered multiple injuries and was taken to an east London hospital as a priority, but a Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed his condition was now stable.
Mike Weston, TfL’s director of buses, said: “At around 1pm on Saturday, September 26, a route 376 single deck bus was involved in a collision with a car which then collided with a pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be a full investigation into this incident.”
Police are appealing for any witnesses or passengers on the bus to come forward.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
In particular, they would like to hear from the driver of a black Mercedes which was reversing just prior to the collision.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Any witness should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.