Beagles move into second as Rory races to sixth
RORY CHESSER was Newham and Essex Beagles’ star runner, finishing sixth in the Metropolitan League meeting at Trent Park, to help his team to an overall win in Division Two.
The 23-year-old was joined by 11 team-mates in the second meeting of the season, which was held at Trent Park in Cockfosters.
He completed the eight kilometre course in 26 minutes 12 seconds, as his side bagged 1,106 points to move second in Division Two behind Woodford Green B.
Team-mates Harun Abdi and Frank Baddick were just one second apart, finishing in 26.41 and 26.42 respectively to claim 11th and 12th place.
Liam Markham finished in 27.54, coming 34th, while 39-year-old John Clarke clocked 28.32 to finish 46th and Joe Fill-Russell was just one place behind in 47th, finishing in 24.41.
You may also want to watch:
Kelvin Goodwin was 71st in 29.32, Bryn Reynolds was 87th in 30.06 and Tommy Niland’s finish in 30.22 placed him just inside the top 100 runners, finishing 95th.
David Kail, victim of an error with his computer chip timing system last week, was back in action at Cockfosters and the 17-year-old crossed the line in 33.01 to place 181st.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Dave Sansum finished in 35.08 and Jad El-Houssami clocked 45.18 to complete Beagles’ involvement and secure an overall first place finish ahead of promotion rivals Woodford Green.
Neilson Hall, running for Bedford & County/Hertfordshire Phoenix, won the men’s race, crossing the line in 25.33.
Canaan St Lewis was a guest runner for the Beagles in the under-13s boys race, finishing 15th in 13.32 in a race won by Jamie Dee from Hertfordshire Phoenix in 11.23.