Baudry ‘excited’ at Orient after signing new deal
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient defender Mathieu Baudry is loving life at Brisbane Road and has extended his stay at the club for another two seasons.
Leyton Orient defender Mathieu Baudry has signed a two-year contract extension at Brisbane Road to remain with the club until the end of the 2015-16 season.
The 25-year-old already had a deal in place for another season but after expressing his desire to stay with the O’s following his switch from AFC Bournemouth, an extension was agreed.
Both Baudry and boss Russell Slade were naturally delighted to get the deal sorted.
Baudry said: “I’m very happy for it to be done, it’s been agreed in principle for some time but there were a couple of minor details to sort and I’m glad it’s done now.
You may also want to watch:
“I like my life here. I’m enjoying my football, I’m enjoying playing with the lads and I’m excited about the coming season with the team we’ve got.”
And Slade added: “It’s fantastic news that we’ve been able to extend it.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
“Mathieu played a very important part in the second half of last season and showed what a good player he is at this level and now he has a great opportunity to build on that. “