Barts Health Trust scoop cancer care prize
- Credit: Archant
The cancer team at Barts Health NHS Trust, have won £1,000 in recognition of their work to improve cancer care for patients.
Staff at all levels have worked together to improve patient experience of the service and in particular reduce waiting times.
In recent months national cancer waiting times have been achieved across the Trust, which includes Newham University Hospital in Plaistow.
The team were given the award at the annual Barts Health Heroes awards ceremony. They were nominated by director of operations for surgery and cancer, Kevin Nicholson, who was delighted for the team.
He said: “These are people who take pride in what they do and whose determination shines.
You may also want to watch:
“Cancer targets have been one of the biggest challenges for the Trust and I hope that their achievements will encourage others to make positive changes.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham