Barclays Bank staff at Stratford eye up Premiership trophy
Barclays gave football fans and their staff in Stratford the opportunity to see first hand the ultimate prize in English football - the Barclays Premier League Trophy.
Fans had their picture taken with the cup when it visited the Barclays branch in the Stratford Centre on Friday (24/8)
The UK-wide whirlwind tour of the trophy is designed to bring the most sought after prize in English football closer to fans.
Toni Ives branch manager said: “Many people will have seen the trophy on television but it is only when you see it close up that you realise just how impressive it is. We had a really great day and I am pleased to have given our customers the opportunity to see close up one of the biggest prizes in world football.”
The branch raised �230 for St Josephs Hospice, Hackney, during the day.
You may also want to watch:
One of the most famous symbols in football the trophy is always flanked by two security guards when on display.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing