Barclays Bank staff at Stratford eye up Premiership trophy
Barclays gave football fans and their staff in Stratford the opportunity to see first hand the ultimate prize in English football - the Barclays Premier League Trophy.
Fans had their picture taken with the cup when it visited the Barclays branch in the Stratford Centre on Friday (24/8)
The UK-wide whirlwind tour of the trophy is designed to bring the most sought after prize in English football closer to fans.
Toni Ives branch manager said: “Many people will have seen the trophy on television but it is only when you see it close up that you realise just how impressive it is. We had a really great day and I am pleased to have given our customers the opportunity to see close up one of the biggest prizes in world football.”
The branch raised �230 for St Josephs Hospice, Hackney, during the day.
You may also want to watch:
One of the most famous symbols in football the trophy is always flanked by two security guards when on display.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 7 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead