Baking fans flock to ExCeL to see Berry and Hollywood
- Credit: PR Eye
The ExCeL centre really rose to the occasion by rolling out celebrity cooks Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood to open their new exhibition today.
The arrival of the judges of BBC1’s hugely popular talent show The Great British Bake Off attracted thousands of fans to Custom House.
The brilliant baking duo were the special guests officially opening Cake International – The Sugarcraft, Cake Decorating & Baking Show which runs until Sunday.
Mary Berry said: “I am thrilled to open Cake International today. With the revival in home baking, the show helps to highlight just how many people love to bake and how important it is to them.
“There are some fantastic demonstrations and workshops to come along to as well as a chance to stock up on all of your supplies – I will no doubt be leaving with an armful of goodies to take home and try myself!”
You may also want to watch:
To find out what else is on offer at Cake International, visit www.cakeinternational.co.uk.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim