Baking fans flock to ExCeL to see Berry and Hollywood
- Credit: PR Eye
The ExCeL centre really rose to the occasion by rolling out celebrity cooks Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood to open their new exhibition today.
The arrival of the judges of BBC1’s hugely popular talent show The Great British Bake Off attracted thousands of fans to Custom House.
The brilliant baking duo were the special guests officially opening Cake International – The Sugarcraft, Cake Decorating & Baking Show which runs until Sunday.
Mary Berry said: “I am thrilled to open Cake International today. With the revival in home baking, the show helps to highlight just how many people love to bake and how important it is to them.
“There are some fantastic demonstrations and workshops to come along to as well as a chance to stock up on all of your supplies – I will no doubt be leaving with an armful of goodies to take home and try myself!”
You may also want to watch:
To find out what else is on offer at Cake International, visit www.cakeinternational.co.uk.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham