Back the Guvna
Critically acclaimed Custom House singer gets MOBO nod.
A GOSPEL rapper from Custom House is in line for a prestigious 2010 MOBO award.
Guvna B, aka Isaac Borquaye, is among nominations in the Best Gospel Act category of the event, taking place in Liverpool on October 20.
The 21-year-old star, who went to St Luke’s Primary School, said: “I’m ecstatic.
“I grew up watching the MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) Awards and to be in the running to win one is an amazing feeling.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been putting in a lot of hard work these past three years and it’s great to be recognised for it.”
To add your support for the ‘Guvna’ go to www.mobo.com/voting.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash