Back the Guvna
Critically acclaimed Custom House singer gets MOBO nod.
A GOSPEL rapper from Custom House is in line for a prestigious 2010 MOBO award.
Guvna B, aka Isaac Borquaye, is among nominations in the Best Gospel Act category of the event, taking place in Liverpool on October 20.
The 21-year-old star, who went to St Luke’s Primary School, said: “I’m ecstatic.
“I grew up watching the MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) Awards and to be in the running to win one is an amazing feeling.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been putting in a lot of hard work these past three years and it’s great to be recognised for it.”
To add your support for the ‘Guvna’ go to www.mobo.com/voting.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property