Baby injured in East Ham moped hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A baby was rushed to hospital with head injuries on Friday after a moped rider crashed into his buggy before speeding off.
A woman in her 20s was pushing her nine-month old boy in his buggy across Lonsdale Avenue, East Ham, before the moped – which witnesses saw “pulling wheelies” and “driving at speed” just before – hit the pram, knocking it over.
Police were called at about 3.15pm after the west-bound motorcyclist failed to stop at the scene.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service rushed the baby to an east London hospital for treatment to a head injury, although he has since been transferred to a central London hospital.
His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The baby’s mother suffered minor injuries.
No arrests have yet been made but enquiries continue.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend
Anyone who saw the incident or has any information should call police from the Roads and Transport Policing Command on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.