Award for East Ham school business manager
- Credit: Tracy Higgins
Not so long ago, school business managers were virtually unheard of – now they’re an integral part of many establishments.
For Sandy Tomlinson, working to improve the training and support of school business managers across Newham has seen her win a national award.
She was presented with the National Association of School Business Management’s award for leading support services in recognition of her work at Vicarage Primary School, as well as in the borough as a whole.
A spokeswoman for the school, in Vicarage Lane, East Ham, said: “We would like to congratulate Sandy on this achievement and look forward to working with her in the drive for professional recognition of school business managers in Newham.”
Sandy’s efforts to raise the profile of school business managers saw her set up a borough-wide network.
You may also want to watch:
She has also organised a successful conference and has plans for a second one later this year.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley