Aspers Casino houses palace of cards by world record holder Bryan Berg
This is the moment an ambitious project began to rebuild the nation’s favourite landmark out of cards in Stratford.
Bryan Berg currently holds the Guinness World Record for building the World’s Largest House of Freestanding Cards and now he will attempt to create the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben in Aspers Casino, Westfield Stratford City.
People voted online for weeks and the home of the Houses of Parliament won with 32 per cent of the votes while Royal residence Winsdor Castle was second with 20 per cent and world heritage site Stonehenge came in third with 11 per cent.
Bryan laid the first card a week ago (Weds Feb 15) and he is due to finish his masterpiece on February 22.
Sky Poker, the online poker firm sponsoring the event, are currently running a competition to find someone to demolish the card palace in spectacular style on February 27.
You may also want to watch:
Enter at www.skypoker.com.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills