Aspers Casino houses palace of cards by world record holder Bryan Berg
This is the moment an ambitious project began to rebuild the nation’s favourite landmark out of cards in Stratford.
Bryan Berg currently holds the Guinness World Record for building the World’s Largest House of Freestanding Cards and now he will attempt to create the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben in Aspers Casino, Westfield Stratford City.
People voted online for weeks and the home of the Houses of Parliament won with 32 per cent of the votes while Royal residence Winsdor Castle was second with 20 per cent and world heritage site Stonehenge came in third with 11 per cent.
Bryan laid the first card a week ago (Weds Feb 15) and he is due to finish his masterpiece on February 22.
Sky Poker, the online poker firm sponsoring the event, are currently running a competition to find someone to demolish the card palace in spectacular style on February 27.
You may also want to watch:
Enter at www.skypoker.com.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election