Aspers Casino houses palace of cards by world record holder Bryan Berg
This is the moment an ambitious project began to rebuild the nation’s favourite landmark out of cards in Stratford.
Bryan Berg currently holds the Guinness World Record for building the World’s Largest House of Freestanding Cards and now he will attempt to create the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben in Aspers Casino, Westfield Stratford City.
People voted online for weeks and the home of the Houses of Parliament won with 32 per cent of the votes while Royal residence Winsdor Castle was second with 20 per cent and world heritage site Stonehenge came in third with 11 per cent.
Bryan laid the first card a week ago (Weds Feb 15) and he is due to finish his masterpiece on February 22.
Sky Poker, the online poker firm sponsoring the event, are currently running a competition to find someone to demolish the card palace in spectacular style on February 27.
You may also want to watch:
Enter at www.skypoker.com.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation