Artist creates impressive Olympic Lego-cy
How’s this for an Olympic Lego-cy? Toy fanatic Warren Elsinore has built a miniature version of London 2012.
Specially commissioned by Lego, the freelance artist’s masterpiece of 250,000 blocks includes the Olympic Stadium, the iconic Aquatics Centre and Anish Kapoor’s Arcelor-Mittal Orbit tower.
Warren said: “My colleague and I built the Olympic model over a three week period.
“For this display, I planned very little in advance and most of the model was free built - simply by looking at pictures of the site and building what I see.
“Every brick we use is a standard Lego element, with no painting, gluing or non-Lego parts.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lego Olympic Park was on display at the Danish Village in St Katherine Docks for the duration of the Olympic Games.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford