Artist creates impressive Olympic Lego-cy
How’s this for an Olympic Lego-cy? Toy fanatic Warren Elsinore has built a miniature version of London 2012.
Specially commissioned by Lego, the freelance artist’s masterpiece of 250,000 blocks includes the Olympic Stadium, the iconic Aquatics Centre and Anish Kapoor’s Arcelor-Mittal Orbit tower.
Warren said: “My colleague and I built the Olympic model over a three week period.
“For this display, I planned very little in advance and most of the model was free built - simply by looking at pictures of the site and building what I see.
“Every brick we use is a standard Lego element, with no painting, gluing or non-Lego parts.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lego Olympic Park was on display at the Danish Village in St Katherine Docks for the duration of the Olympic Games.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result