Artist creates impressive Olympic Lego-cy
How’s this for an Olympic Lego-cy? Toy fanatic Warren Elsinore has built a miniature version of London 2012.
Specially commissioned by Lego, the freelance artist’s masterpiece of 250,000 blocks includes the Olympic Stadium, the iconic Aquatics Centre and Anish Kapoor’s Arcelor-Mittal Orbit tower.
Warren said: “My colleague and I built the Olympic model over a three week period.
“For this display, I planned very little in advance and most of the model was free built - simply by looking at pictures of the site and building what I see.
“Every brick we use is a standard Lego element, with no painting, gluing or non-Lego parts.”
The Lego Olympic Park was on display at the Danish Village in St Katherine Docks for the duration of the Olympic Games.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies