Art in a shed unlocked around Stratford in one-day arts festival
Humble garden sheds will form the core of an unusual one-day festival in Stratford this Sunday.
Some 13 will pop up around the town centre between noon and 6pm with each one containing a different idea or experience.
Artists and groups from the neighbourhood have devised installations, performances, stories, games and even feasts to take place within the sheds with the aim of trumpeting the area in the run-up to London 2012.
Visitors to the shopping centre can get stuck into a clothing swap and watch as two stylists go head-to-head in a fashion challenge.
Meanwhile in Theatre Square, families can pit their wits against each other at Theatre Venture’s “Miniscule Olympics” and watch tightrope artists and acrobatics perform in the Stratford Circus shed.
You may also want to watch:
Other sheds will contain a Victorian toy theatre show, a free screening of The Gruffalo and cinema karaoke.
For those who have built up an appetite, cuisine from five continents is on the menu the Old Town Hall square and children can help Joe the Story Keeper control his escaping stories in Discover’s Shedding Stories.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 10 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
Find out more at www.stratfordrising.com