Art in a shed unlocked around Stratford in one-day arts festival
Humble garden sheds will form the core of an unusual one-day festival in Stratford this Sunday.
Some 13 will pop up around the town centre between noon and 6pm with each one containing a different idea or experience.
Artists and groups from the neighbourhood have devised installations, performances, stories, games and even feasts to take place within the sheds with the aim of trumpeting the area in the run-up to London 2012.
Visitors to the shopping centre can get stuck into a clothing swap and watch as two stylists go head-to-head in a fashion challenge.
Meanwhile in Theatre Square, families can pit their wits against each other at Theatre Venture’s “Miniscule Olympics” and watch tightrope artists and acrobatics perform in the Stratford Circus shed.
You may also want to watch:
Other sheds will contain a Victorian toy theatre show, a free screening of The Gruffalo and cinema karaoke.
For those who have built up an appetite, cuisine from five continents is on the menu the Old Town Hall square and children can help Joe the Story Keeper control his escaping stories in Discover’s Shedding Stories.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
Find out more at www.stratfordrising.com