Art in a shed unlocked around Stratford in one-day arts festival
Humble garden sheds will form the core of an unusual one-day festival in Stratford this Sunday.
Some 13 will pop up around the town centre between noon and 6pm with each one containing a different idea or experience.
Artists and groups from the neighbourhood have devised installations, performances, stories, games and even feasts to take place within the sheds with the aim of trumpeting the area in the run-up to London 2012.
Visitors to the shopping centre can get stuck into a clothing swap and watch as two stylists go head-to-head in a fashion challenge.
Meanwhile in Theatre Square, families can pit their wits against each other at Theatre Venture’s “Miniscule Olympics” and watch tightrope artists and acrobatics perform in the Stratford Circus shed.
Other sheds will contain a Victorian toy theatre show, a free screening of The Gruffalo and cinema karaoke.
For those who have built up an appetite, cuisine from five continents is on the menu the Old Town Hall square and children can help Joe the Story Keeper control his escaping stories in Discover’s Shedding Stories.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
Find out more at www.stratfordrising.com