Arsenal striker visits former Forest Gate school
- Credit: Di Halliwell
Plenty of young boys dream of becoming footballers.
For former St Bonaventure’s student Chuba Akpom, that was able to become a reality.
The Arsenal striker, currently on loan at Hull City, paid a visit to the Forest Gate school yesterday to meet staff and students – and even joined in with a PE lesson.
The 20-year-old left in 2011 to begin his professional career but stays in touch with his old teachers and called in while he was back in east London to visit family.
Head of PE, Chris Topping, said: “ It’s always nice to see Chuba and hear how he’s getting on in his career and see how it’s developing.
“He is always very humble.”
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure