Arrests made following assault on Sports Direct staff members in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
Two shop assistants were allegedly assaulted at a Sports Direct store in Beckton on Friday.
Emergency services were called to the store, in Gallions Reach Shopping Park, where they found two staff members suffering from injuries.
A Met spokesman said that four males, aged between 14 and 22, were arrested in connection with the incident and were taken to an east London police station.
In a statement, a spokesman for Gallions Reach Shopping Park, said: “We are aware of an incident at one of the retail units within Gallions Reach Shopping Park, Beckton, on the afternoon of 21st August.
“Following the intervention of our security team and the attendance of the emergency services, this was swiftly brought to an end.
You may also want to watch:
“As the police investigation into this is ongoing we are unable to comment further at this time.”
Those arrested have been bailed until a date in October.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford