Arrest in Forest Gate murder probe
A MAN was today being quizzed by police in connection with a murder in Forest Gate.
It follows the discovery of a body at a squat in Capel Road on Monday afternoon.
The 37-year-old male victim was declared dead at the scene and has yet to be formally identified.
A postmortem held at East Ham mortuary gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
A 27-year-old was arrested by officers on Wednesday and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours say the semi-detached house where the body was found had been boarded up for several years.
It is understood it had recently been taken over by squatters.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
The property, which is opposite Wanstead Flats, has since been sealed off by police and officers have been stationed outside.