Arrest in Forest Gate murder probe
A MAN was today being quizzed by police in connection with a murder in Forest Gate.
It follows the discovery of a body at a squat in Capel Road on Monday afternoon.
The 37-year-old male victim was declared dead at the scene and has yet to be formally identified.
A postmortem held at East Ham mortuary gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
A 27-year-old was arrested by officers on Wednesday and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours say the semi-detached house where the body was found had been boarded up for several years.
It is understood it had recently been taken over by squatters.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
The property, which is opposite Wanstead Flats, has since been sealed off by police and officers have been stationed outside.