Arrest in Forest Gate murder probe
A MAN was today being quizzed by police in connection with a murder in Forest Gate.
It follows the discovery of a body at a squat in Capel Road on Monday afternoon.
The 37-year-old male victim was declared dead at the scene and has yet to be formally identified.
A postmortem held at East Ham mortuary gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
A 27-year-old was arrested by officers on Wednesday and remains in custody.
Neighbours say the semi-detached house where the body was found had been boarded up for several years.
It is understood it had recently been taken over by squatters.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Man found on fire in East Ham park dies
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
The property, which is opposite Wanstead Flats, has since been sealed off by police and officers have been stationed outside.