Around the world without leaving Beckton
- Credit: Tom Morton
Youngsters at Richard House Children’s Hospice have been around the world this summer - without leaving Beckton.
A themed fun day on Thursday saw families enjoy music from a variety of cultures, including didgeridoos and Dhol drumming.
There was also the change to take part in special sensory sessions.
Gowhar Shaikh, who attended with her son Murad, said: “The day was lots of fun and we travelled the world in a short time!
“The Dhol drums were fantastic, and Murad enjoyed this a lot.
“The children were so focused and enjoyed taking part.”
The hospice also put on two family trips to Brighton, allowing children to experience a day at the seaside.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped