ArcelorMittal Orbit celebrates first birthday with balloons
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park can spend a balloon-filled weekend at the top of the UK’s tallest sculpture, to celebrate its first birthday.
To mark the occasion, the ArcelorMittal Orbit team are inviting visitors of all ages to play with the 2,500 balloons that will be floating their way to the upper viewing platform during the Easter holidays.
From today, children and adults alike can navigate their way through the maze of coloured balloons and play with the topsy-turvy reflections in the sculpture’s two giant concave mirrors until Friday, April 10 and again between April 13-19.
Since opening in April 2014, the ArcelorMittal Orbit has become one of London’s must-visit destinations with its show-stopping views across 20 miles of the capital.
Visitors to the fun-filled interactive experience can also play eye-spy with some of London’s most recognisable landmarks, including St Paul’s Cathedral, the O2 Arena and The Shard, and relive the London 2012 Games with a birds-eye view of iconic sporting venues such as the London Aquatics Centre and former Olympic Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday April 17, visitors can enjoy a late night party and make the most of an evening bar as 300 LED balloons create an amazing light show that will accompany the twinkling lights of London’s best landmarks.
Throughout the Easter holidays, the lower viewing platform will remain balloon-free so visitors can still use the innovative screens and learn about key sights across the capital and the world-famous sporting venues.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Entrance to the balloons exhibition is included in the standard price of entry – children £5.95, adults £11.95, family (two adults / two children) £32.
For more information visit arcelormittalorbit.com.