Appeal: Help track down Canning Town tyre fly-tipper
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being asked to help track down the driver of a van who was seen illegally dumping tyres on a road in Canning Town.
The fly-tipper was filmed by CCTV cameras unloading from the rear of his white Fiat Ducato in the underpass at Wharfside Road on June 8 between 12.33pm and 12.36pm.
The man, who was wearing a baseball cap, a dark t-shirt and shorts, was also seen to dump an orange recycling bag full of waste.
Councillor Ian Corbett, Mayoral Advisor for Environment and Leisure, said: “Fly-tippers are a nuisance; they spoil the environment for everyone and it costs us money to clear up after them.”
Newham Council spend more than £11m each year to clear the streets of discarded litter and waste.
You may also want to watch:
In 2013/14, the council received more than 10,000 requests to remove fly-tipping in addition to nearly 60,000 which were removed before they were reported.
*If you have information about who the fly-tipper is, call 020 3373 4479. You will not be required to provide your name, leave your contact details or make a statement.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding