Appeal after man assaulted at Stratford railway station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released images of a man they want to speak to following an assault at Stratford railway station.
The victim, a man aged 20, was waiting on platform eight for the 3.57pm service to Shenfield on Tuesday, January 7.
As the train approached the platform, he was barged by a man who was passing him who then threatened the victim and punched him in the face.
The victim tried to defend himself, leading to a scuffle, before fleeing the scene while the man boarded the train.
Detective Constable Lawrence Murphy said: “This was a violent assault that left the victim with swelling to his face.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man or who has information which may help the investigation should contact British Transport Police on 0800 405040 quoting the reference LUA/B6 of 14/01/14.
Information can also be passed on anonymously through Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham