Appeal after man assaulted at Stratford railway station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released images of a man they want to speak to following an assault at Stratford railway station.
The victim, a man aged 20, was waiting on platform eight for the 3.57pm service to Shenfield on Tuesday, January 7.
As the train approached the platform, he was barged by a man who was passing him who then threatened the victim and punched him in the face.
The victim tried to defend himself, leading to a scuffle, before fleeing the scene while the man boarded the train.
Detective Constable Lawrence Murphy said: “This was a violent assault that left the victim with swelling to his face.”
Anyone who recognises the man or who has information which may help the investigation should contact British Transport Police on 0800 405040 quoting the reference LUA/B6 of 14/01/14.
Information can also be passed on anonymously through Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 5 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 10 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay