Appeal after man assaulted at Stratford railway station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released images of a man they want to speak to following an assault at Stratford railway station.
The victim, a man aged 20, was waiting on platform eight for the 3.57pm service to Shenfield on Tuesday, January 7.
As the train approached the platform, he was barged by a man who was passing him who then threatened the victim and punched him in the face.
The victim tried to defend himself, leading to a scuffle, before fleeing the scene while the man boarded the train.
Detective Constable Lawrence Murphy said: “This was a violent assault that left the victim with swelling to his face.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man or who has information which may help the investigation should contact British Transport Police on 0800 405040 quoting the reference LUA/B6 of 14/01/14.
Information can also be passed on anonymously through Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services