Anniversary appeal for Stratford’s mystery man
DETECTIVES want help to identify a man whose body was found in the River Lea in Stratford.
Officers from Newham Missing Persons Unit launched an anniversary appeal about the man whose body was found on December 12, 2009.
They have not been able to identify the body which was discovered by a member of the public in the river near the High Street at the junction with Abbey Lane.
During the investigation an artist’s impression of the man was created as part of efforts to establish his identity.
He is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, 5ft 9ins, and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He had blue eyes, collar-length black/greying hair (receding on top) and he was unshaven. There are no tattoos on his body, though he had two, one-centimetre, surgical scars on the front of the left knee and two piercings in his left ear.
He was dressed in a white Urban Spirit T-shirt with the number 37 on the front, a blue Originals jumper, black Urban Spirit jeans in size 30, white socks and a pair of size nine black Groundwork safety boots.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
Officers were in the area on December 12 this year distributing leaflets, putting up posters and talking to local people who may have information.
Det Sgt Gerard Healy of Newham Missing Persons Unit said: “If you think you know who he is or if you know of someone who is missing who matches this description, please call us straight away on (020) 7275 5728.”