Animal charity needs a new owner for Tosh
- Credit: Archant
Animal charity the RSPCA is appealing for animal lovers across east London to give this Jack Russell Terrier cross a home.
The charity is looking after the dog, called Tosh, following the death of his owner several weeks ago. Tosh was placed in kennels in March when his owner was taken into hospital.
Tosh is a lively, healthy nine-year-old, Jack Russell Terrier cross. The charity says he needs someone with enough time for him. Tosh barks at other dogs and the RSPCA doesn’t think he would get on with cats. He could be homed with sensible older children.
Now the charity is appealing to people across east London to come forward and give him a new home.
A spokeswoman for the RSPCA said: “Tosh’s owner was a retired man who obviously loved his dog dearly. When a pet owner dies it is one of the saddest situations I see while dealing with homeless pets. I feel so sad for the owner who would never have wanted to be parted from his pet if he had a choice. Tosh is stressed in kennels as he has been there a long time now and he misses his owner. What Tosh desperately needs now is a responsible person who will give him all the love, dedication and attention that his deceased owner did.”
The charity wants to hear from anyone interested in fostering or adopting Tosh. He will be vaccinated, neutered, health checked and there will be ongoing support from the RSPCA to help him settle in with his new carer. A home visit will be done and if that is successful a meeting with Tosh will be arranged.
If you are interested, call Lorna on 079 585 78 151 between 8pm - 10pm weekdays and weekends.
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home